7 replies to this topic

#1 makahababy

makahababy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:19 PM

HELP! I am desperately in search of a SUBMARINE pattern.... One where the sub is kind of exploding out of the water (technical term: "emergency blow"). My husband is a submariner, and he REALLY wants something for his office window... but I can't so much as find even a cross stitch pattern with a submarine on it. I know there HAVE to be other people out there looking for a submarine also!

#2 Chantal

Chantal

Prophet

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts
  • Interests:Orchids, gardening, badminton, drawing stained glass patterns, bird feeding, webmastering.

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:51 PM

It's going to be exceedingly difficult to make something artistic with a submarine coming out of the water.

But I do have some suggestions for you.

You might consider a sci-fi theme with a vintage flavor, like the TV series 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. Click here for the Google Image Search

The submarine is not your regular army submarine, but it does have character.

Or if you want something colorful, something akin to the Beatle's Yellow Submarine might work for you, too.

#3 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:07 PM

It's going to be exceedingly difficult to make something artistic with a submarine coming out of the water.

But I do have some suggestions for you.

You might consider a sci-fi theme with a vintage flavor, like the TV series 20000 Leagues Under the Sea.  Click here for the Google Image Search

The submarine is not your regular army submarine, but it does have character.

Or if you want something colorful, something akin to the Beatle's Yellow Submarine might work for you, too.

View Post

There used to be a TV series, years ago, that featured a Sub coming out of the water at high speed, nose first. I remember reading articles on how streesfull this was on a Sub. Maybe you can find a picture of it listed on the web, if someone can remember the name of the show. I cant think of it this minute, but it may come back to me.

#4 makahababy

makahababy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

http://images.google...t...DUTF-8&sa=N

Think this picture would work? Without the words.... and a few other adjustments? It's pretty close to what I want...

#5 Chantal

Chantal

Prophet

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts
  • Interests:Orchids, gardening, badminton, drawing stained glass patterns, bird feeding, webmastering.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:00 AM

What if I start from that concept, and make some sort of fanciful submarine? You can make it colorful and fun, that's the general idea. Because you must never forget that you are working with glass, and the beauty of glass lies within its textures and colors. A black sumbmarine coming out of blue waters against a blue sky will do the job, but it's more a job for paint on a canvas than for stained glass.

The recipient is not a child, so I think a hi-tech, sci-fi concept would work best.

Would that be OK?

I can't take that picture you suggest because of copyrights.

#6 makahababy

makahababy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:01 AM

What if I start from that concept, and make some sort of fanciful submarine?  You can make it colorful and fun, that's the general idea.  Because you must never forget that you are working with glass, and the beauty of glass lies within its textures and colors.  A black sumbmarine coming out of blue waters against a blue sky will do the job, but it's more a job for paint on a canvas than for stained glass. 

The recipient is not a child, so I think a hi-tech, sci-fi concept would work best. 

Would that be OK?

I can't take that picture you suggest because of copyrights.

View Post

Sounds good to me! Any submarine is better than no submarine... Thank you!!!!

#7 Chantal

Chantal

Prophet

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

I'll get started then!

#8 Chantal

Chantal

Prophet

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:19 PM

Here you go... it's a start, feel free to adapt!

Nautilus Submarine
Yellow Submarine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users