#1 Bee

Bee

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:44 AM

Hi all,
Can the glass chunks found at places like Bleko be used for anything useful other then garden decorations? I know that regular stained glass can be made into beautiful beads (as long as the glass isn't mixed with any other glass due to COE compatablity issues) but can these chucks be flattened in a kiln then used for something else?

Thanks

#2 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(Bee @ May 1 2006, 12:44 AM)
Hi all,
Can the glass chunks found at places like Bleko be used for anything useful other then garden decorations? I know that regular stained glass can be made into beautiful beads (as long as the glass isn't mixed with any other glass due to COE compatablity issues) but can these chucks be flattened in a kiln then used for something else?

Thanks

View Post

If you mean "Blenko" and the glass they use, sure, you could likely do most anything with it you had equipment for, since I am sure it would be of good quality to work with., especially hot. Methinks you would have to "melt" the chunks, instead of "flatten" them, if of any size. Their glass should be well suited for hot working, and cold working, I would think, since thats what they do.

#3 Bee

Bee

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(Boris_USA @ May 1 2006, 11:01 PM)
If you mean "Blenko" and the glass they use, sure, you could likely do most anything with it you had equipment for, since I am sure it would be of good quality to work with., especially hot.  Methinks you would have to "melt" the chunks, instead of "flatten" them, if of any size. Their glass should be well suited for hot working, and cold working, I would think, since thats what they do.

View Post

Yep, Blenko is what I meant...8dunce.gif my spel cker wastn wrkn...
I was thinking about trying to crush some of them in small enough
chunks and try casting with them... we will see... I feel an
experiment coming on!!! 8stirthepot.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users