Glass Bevels Colorful

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kujo_*

Guest_kujo_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

I'm looking for colorful glass bevels, if there is a store online link that would be appreciated. I want strong colors other than just light blue, green and peach, and clear. I'm hoping for amber, brown, red, deep blues and greens. I just need rectangles, squares, or pencil shapes.

#2 kjt

kjt

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(kujo @ May 19 2007, 07:17 PM)  
I'm looking for colorful glass bevels, if there is a store online link that would be appreciated. I want strong colors other than just light blue, green and peach, and clear. I'm hoping for amber, brown, red, deep blues and greens. I just need rectangles, squares, or pencil shapes.

Have you thought of plating a clear bevel with the color of your choice to make the bevel colored?

#3 Guest_Flying Spaghetti Monster_*

Guest_Flying Spaghetti Monster_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:34 AM

The edges od bevels are pretty thin, so kjt's idea is the best. There are folks out there that do custom bevels from colored glass. It's labor intensive, so it's not cheap, but the results are really special. If you want to make something outstanding...

#4 Tod Beall

Tod Beall

Daily Mirror Owner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flat glass. I started with sg over 30 years ago. I also collect books about sg. Please visit Beall Glass Studio on Face Book.

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

" There are folks out there that do custom bevels from colored glass. It's labor intensive, so it's not cheap, but the results are really special. If you want to make something outstanding..."

True. Here's my favorite:

http://www.beveledglass.net/

You can also use jewels for some applications.
Have fun - Tod

#5 Guest_kujo_*

Guest_kujo_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(kujo @ May 19 2007, 04:17 PM)  

funny I never thought of plating the bevels. The worst part of not thinking of it, is that I am already plating the rest of the piece. Thanks

#6 iaff84

iaff84

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(kujo @ May 20 2007, 10:35 PM)  
funny I never thought of plating the bevels. The worst part of not thinking of it, is that I am already plating the rest of the piece. Thanks

Plating a clear bevel will give you the color, the part that will be missing is the surface difference of the glass compared to the beveled portion. On beveled artglass, this textured portion is removed on the beveled portion, giving a whole different look. It is all in the look you want. Plating a clear bevel is not a fix-all, and is not a replacement for the look of beveled artglass, you lose the "line" with-in a line.
Dennis Swan

#7 happy1

happy1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(kujo @ May 19 2007, 06:17 PM)  

www.Warner-Criv.com sells colored bevels in green, blue, peach clear in all shapes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users