8 replies to this topic

#1 ICheer

ICheer

New Neighbour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone seen any stained glass patterns anywhere featuring Mator or Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars? Or could someone help this relative newbie figure out a way to convert a picture to a pattern? My 14 year old daughter is in LOVE with that movie and I would love to gift her with a stained glass piece for her birthday.

Thanks very much for any tips/advice you can offer :-)

#2 cdngardener

cdngardener

Real Estate Agent

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:stained glass (of course), gardens and plants, books, hot glass, ceramics, cooking, computers, jogging, & fitness.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(ICheer @ Aug 20 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post
I know this is a long shot, but has anyone seen any stained glass patterns anywhere featuring Mator or Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars? Or could someone help this relative newbie figure out a way to convert a picture to a pattern? My 14 year old daughter is in LOVE with that movie and I would love to gift her with a stained glass piece for her birthday.

Thanks very much for any tips/advice you can offer :-)

There's an illustration on the Motor Trend site of Lightning McQueen (and others) but suspect they are all subject to copyright rules...

http://www.motortren...s/photo_05.html

#3 littlekeylime

littlekeylime

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

Try these Cars coloring pages

And this page has some links to simple images you might be able to modify without too much trouble...

#4 ICheer

ICheer

New Neighbour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

LittleKeyLime shared: And this page has some links to simple images you might be able to modify without too much trouble...

I think that's exactly what I've been looking for. Now to scour the boards and pick up as many tips as I can find on modifying a design for stained glass cut-ability. A newbie's learning is never done! 8teacher.gif

Thanks!!

#5 littlekeylime

littlekeylime

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

I know what you mean. I've found hundreds of coloring pages I'm dying to modify into stained glass projects...good luck! Can't wait to see your finished work! Just take it one step at a time and everything will work out. That's my experience!

You can also use basic glass paint for the details like the "95" on Lightning's side. Just sponge it through a stencil. It's an option anyway for those of us who don't own a kiln yet...

#6 Mary Jane

Mary Jane

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, crochet,baking

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(littlekeylime @ Aug 21 2007, 09:42 PM) View Post
I know what you mean. I've found hundreds of coloring pages I'm dying to modify into stained glass projects...good luck! Can't wait to see your finished work! Just take it one step at a time and everything will work out. That's my experience!

You can also use basic glass paint for the details like the "95" on Lightning's side. Just sponge it through a stencil. It's an option anyway for those of us who don't own a kiln yet...

Chantal has a great one that I used to help me get started with designs:
http://stained-glass....org/index.html
Also, I would be very happy to help. I can help with suggestions or even do one for you if it is too much for you right now. Let me know!

MJ

#7 littlekeylime

littlekeylime

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Oooo. I missed that page on Chantal's site. Very helpful!

#8 ICheer

ICheer

New Neighbour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

I'm rocking grandbabies this weekend, but you can bet I'll be working on this Labor Day weekend - the call of glass is strong! 8heartbeat.gif

#9 coloringpages

coloringpages

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:27 AM

Try these Disney Cars Coloring Pages. Fantastic....and a huge range of Lightning Mcqueen images. I've downloaded a couple of dozen for the kids....should keep their heads down for....a couple of hours, maybe stop them from mugging me to do things that scare me. There are three options: Download, Print Picture and Play Online. Coloringpagesonly uses technology to size pictures, thus you only just click on the coloring sheet and print out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users