#1 Glassy Lady

Glassy Lady

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Stained Glass, books and gardening

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I am looking for a pattern of Winnie the Pooh. I want to make a panel for my soon to arrive 8confetti.gif grandaughter 8heartbeat.gif . Her room is being done it a Winnie design. So, if anybody has one they would be willing share it would be great.

Thanks,
GL

#2 cad

cad

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

If you go to google images and type in "Winnie the Pooh", you'll come up with some adorable color pictures, as well as a few line drawings, any of which you could use as a spring board for your own pattern. I'm sure your panel will make an adorable addition to the nursery decor! Cyndi

#3 ICheer

ICheer

New Neighbour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:28 AM

I also have a granddaughter into Winnie the Pooh. I Googled and found a nice image of Pooh on a cloud that was very easy to do in stained glass. I didn't include the clouds, just the image of Pooh, cut him out of the pic with my foiling scissors and he came out great :-)

The nice thing about finding images online to work in stained glass is that you can resize and modify them in the Paint program or Glasseye program, making the pattern uniquely your own.

Good luck!

#4 kmm

kmm

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Stained Glass ^.^<br />Symphony<br />Church<br />Movies<br />Mensa<br />Reading

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hate to bring it up but tread carefully with the copyright issue.

Regardless of where you get it - it's copyrighted and you are opening yourself up for serious nastiness.

CAN they come after you and sue your socks off? Most certainly.
Will they come after you? Probably not.
DO they ever go after someone? Oh yea. They have legions of lawyers who do nothing else but enforce copyright and prosecute infringement.

Ask the poor gal who got slammed for downloading music recently. It does occasionally happen.

The fact that you aren't selling it helps but we all need to be aware of copyrights when we make patterns of protected images.

#5 ICheer

ICheer

New Neighbour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

You're absolutely correct about the copyright issue kmm. I would throw myself on the mercy of the court and beg for grandma leniency if the copyright police come after me 8judge.gif I wouldn't even consider making something copyrighted to sell for profit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users