• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE(glassgunner @ May 18 2008, 08:23 AM) View Post
Any questions regarding the Beetle Bits Glass Cutting System will be
entertained here also.
What is it ? got to cuttersmate .com

I got a question.

How come it took you so long to create this fantastic device?
Where was it when I was starting off in stained glass?

#3 sass

sass

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

This looks very handy ~ I did run across it in my googling a few weeks ago. Do we have anyone here that has used this personally yet? I'd really like to hear experiences!

#4 Dennis Brady

Dennis Brady

Curmudgeon

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(sass @ May 18 2008, 11:56 AM) View Post
This looks very handy ~ I did run across it in my googling a few weeks ago. Do we have anyone here that has used this personally yet? I'd really like to hear experiences!

It's in regular use by all the crew in our shop and loved by all that have tried it. We have a Cutters Mate and Beetle System set up for our own use, for demo, and for general drop in use. As well as for cutting controlled angles, it's also used extensively as a strip cutter. We have many artisans that buy 12x12 or 16x16 sheets of glass instead of rods and use our equipment to cut it into strips to use for torchworking. It takes about a half minute to set it up to cut perfect width strips. We have a couple of different strip cutters, but the Beetle is quicker to set up.

I sell all the Cutters Mate products. I don't promote it because I sell it. I sell it because I promote it. I've been promoting Cutters Mate products since I first tried the Cutters Mate many years ago and been promoting it long before I started selling it. I have never sold, and never will sell, the Morton products. I do not sell, and will never sell, anything I don't personally and professionally believe is suitable for use by a pro artisan. It doesn't matter where you buy a Beetle system, I'm confident you will be happy you did.

#5 Rebecca

Rebecca

Restaurateur

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

A middle school boy who had never cut glass came to me with a plan for a geometry project, an art project, and a science project all made from glass. He needed to cut triangles, hexagons, octagons, squares, and rhombuses (rhombi?) I showed him the Beetle Bits System and he cut them all without help from me and without learning how to cut glass! He never even held a glass cutter; just the Flying Beetle! He set up all the angles himself and just had a little help soldering. So that's how easy it is to use.

Rebecca

#6 sass

sass

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Excellent! Thank you, Dennis and Rebecca!! Its certainly on my 'list of things to get'.

#7 Guest_burbsmom_*

Guest_burbsmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Woo HOOOOOOO! I just ordered my bits, balls, buttons and flying beetle yesterday. Finally found a Canadian retailer that a)carries it and b) has it in stock. Can't wait for it to be shipped.... excited? I think so!

#8 glassgunner

glassgunner

Homeowner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

Here is a new instruction I wrote so the glass cutter ramps onto the glass
and ramps off without touching the ruler. This way you do not even have to look
to see where the cutting head touches the glass.

#9 chdbur

chdbur

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

Wish that I had done my homework on this before I got the Morton system. After I spent 1 hour "yes 1 hour" laying out the grid for this my first cut wanted to destroy the WAY TOO SOFT Aluminum bar. Had to modify my cutter to keep from tearing up something that should have been addressed years ago...Not happy with the Morton System AT ALL...Chad

#10 glassgunner

glassgunner

Homeowner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

Wish that I had done my homework on this before I got the Morton system. After I spent 1 hour "yes 1 hour" laying out the grid for this my first cut wanted to destroy the WAY TOO SOFT Aluminum bar. Had to modify my cutter to keep from tearing up something that should have been addressed years ago...Not happy with the Morton System AT ALL...Chad

Chad:
I wish I could help you out.
Your friend,
Ray

#11 chdbur

chdbur

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

Chad:
I wish I could help you out.
Your friend,
Ray

You can Ray ....Just as soon as I save up the money for the cutters mate & strip pro :banghead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users