#1 margarets1

margarets1

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Gardening replaced by dog shows; stained glass

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

i have been eyeing the cutter's mate. i currently have the morton setup from years back. in a workshop photo (now i can't find the photo to reference), i noticed the cutter's mate along side the morton cutting bar/fence. is it possible to use them together? i'd like to use the existing cutting bar/fence as the stationary straight ruler with the cutter's mate. thanks.

#2 wes

wes

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:48 AM

i have been eyeing the cutter's mate. i currently have the morton setup from years back. in a workshop photo (now i can't find the photo to reference), i noticed the cutter's mate along side the morton cutting bar/fence. is it possible to use them together? i'd like to use the existing cutting bar/fence as the stationary straight ruler with the cutter's mate. thanks.

Margaret;
I have both pcs and see no reason you can't use them together. I haven't tried to use the cutters mate for cutting along the straight edge of the Morton myself yet, but IMHO I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with doing it.
The only thing I found was the cutter mate frame gets in the way when cutting larger pcs of glass, had to take it off the table top and use hand cutter.
Wes

#3 margarets1

margarets1

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Gardening replaced by dog shows; stained glass

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

Margaret;
I have both pcs and see no reason you can't use them together. I haven't tried to use the cutters mate for cutting along the straight edge of the Morton myself yet, but IMHO I'm sure there wouldn't be any problems with doing it.
The only thing I found was the cutter mate frame gets in the way when cutting larger pcs of glass, had to take it off the table top and use hand cutter.
Wes

thanks wes. i wish i had the transit means (car) to get the larger sheets of glass from glass supply house to my house, so i usually have them cut them down if i need a lot of a particular type glass anyway. only do for gift giving.

ok thanks...i'll keep saving those pennies and maybe i'll catch a great sale.

#4 glassgunner

glassgunner

Homeowner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:56 PM

Margaret:
The Cutter's Mate WILL work with the Morton Portable Glass Shop.
Ray Mfr. Cutter's Mate

#5 HobbyGlasser

HobbyGlasser

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Glass, Wood, Crafty stuff in general and Home Improvement stuff.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

I understand that it is much easier to use with Morton System. I have a cutters mate for sale. I would like $209 plus actual shipping costs. It is NIB not even removed from box to look at it. I found a great deal on a new one and then I found a greater deal on a used one. So I am going to end up with 2. If you are interested let me know.

#6 chdbur

chdbur

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

You can get one online for that price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users