• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GAIA

GAIA

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:Rock music. ZB Custom pedal steel, virtual synths,Yamaha electronic drum kit, guitar playing. Growing veganic, organic vegetables, wild life, helping out at the animal sanctuary, running.

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hi all,
I think I have the problem licked. Before I got Rapid Resizer I had Glass Eye 2000 Pro +. I asked if Glasseye would enable me to enlarge pattern to the size I wanted and retain the original proportions. I was told, no it would not, I then got Rapid Resizer, think was a mixup somewhere along the line. Or perhaps I misunderstood proportions to be same thing as design ratio of the original pattern. Still not sure. Anyway, Denis Brady said, " Glass Eye WILL enlarge and maintain proportions."

I havn't looked at Glasseye for quite a while, assumed Rapid Resizer would do the job. I started going through Glasseye today and playing with it.
I then found,

" GlassEye Pro has an autotrace function, AutoTrace Background command (Draw menu)
This command converts lines in your background image to Glass Eye 2000 curves and arcs, saving you hours of painstaking manual tracing. AutoTrace is best at capturing clear, dark lines from an image. A hand-drawn design done in black marker or a pattern from a pattern book is a perfect candidate for AutoTrace."

I've been playing with autotrace for an hour or so, I still need to tweak some of the settings, not printed out yet. Though I'm pretty sure autotrace is the solution to the jagged lines in the pattern print out. Also looking at the pattern in the book with a magnifying glass I can see some jaggedness on the lines, so I think Rapid Resizer was enlarging what was there to start with.
For sale Rapid Resizer going cheap :)
Peter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users