• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glasstired

glasstired

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Glass panels, windows, lamps, teaching glass, woodwork and travel.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Does anyone know of a source of supply for a rectangle single panel fireplace screen? It should be wrought iron or hammered metal
Thanks

#2 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

Does anyone know of a source of supply for a rectangle single panel fireplace screen? It should be wrought iron or hammered metal
Thanks

If you know anyone with a welder, you could make any size you wanted from 1/2 inch angle iron stock. Made some a couple of years ago for a friend. Used 2 5/8 cold rolled round steel pieces, 12 inches long welded across the bottom, on each end, to hold it upright. Sanded and painted semi gloss black, and they looked fine. The glass was bordered with zinc came , which sat inside the iron frame. Holes where drilled through the ends, and small steel roll pins driven in the holes held the glass in place. Simple, quick, and cheap.

#3 glasstired

glasstired

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Glass panels, windows, lamps, teaching glass, woodwork and travel.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

If you know anyone with a welder, you could make any size you wanted from 1/2 inch angle iron stock. Made some a couple of years ago for a friend. Used 2 5/8 cold rolled round steel pieces, 12 inches long welded across the bottom, on each end, to hold it upright. Sanded and painted semi gloss black, and they looked fine. The glass was bordered with zinc came , which sat inside the iron frame. Holes where drilled through the ends, and small steel roll pins driven in the holes held the glass in place. Simple, quick, and cheap.

Thanks, I was thinking this was the way I would have to go. You confirmed my thoughts.
Thanks
Mal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users