dubie

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Family, Stained Glass, Golf, Fishing, Motorcycles

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hello,
I just wanted to share a pic of my first lead came project with you all. It's not perfect, but, I'm prety happy with it.
The frame came out of an old church and actually had clear glass with a lead cross in it. I felt it was only fitting that I should put a cross back in it. After doing this, I think I will go ahead and take a class to learn the lead came technique. I did a class a year ago in copper foil and really enjoy it! The lead windows really are beautiful though, and I gotta learn the proper way to do this. Has anyone here ever done any sort of apprentice program for a local artist? That would be a great way for me to really learn the art.
Thanks,
Dubie

Attached Files

#2 bob proulx

bob proulx

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Hello,
I just wanted to share a pic of my first lead came project with you all. It's not perfect, but, I'm prety happy with it.
The frame came out of an old church and actually had clear glass with a lead cross in it. I felt it was only fitting that I should put a cross back in it. After doing this, I think I will go ahead and take a class to learn the lead came technique. I did a class a year ago in copper foil and really enjoy it! The lead windows really are beautiful though, and I gotta learn the proper way to do this. Has anyone here ever done any sort of apprentice program for a local artist? That would be a great way for me to really learn the art.
Thanks,
Dubie

It looks great, nice job.
Bob

#3 stargazer99

stargazer99

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Retired tool and die maker. Decorative ironwork, German Shepherds, precision machining, stained glass

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

It looks great, nice job.
Bob

Nice Job!

#4 soggy.moggy

soggy.moggy

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Stained Glass, Reading, Hobnob (my pet Rabbit), Playing my Saxophone

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Looks great! Hope you're proud! :)

#5 jonesthefarmer

jonesthefarmer

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi, your panel looks great .... I haven't seriously ventured into lead came YET, it's on my list of things to do. Well done.

#6 Luckybear

Luckybear

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Stained glass, fused glass, making jewellery, gem faceting

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

It's lovely.

#7 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hello,
Thanks,
Dubie

looks very good

#8 sundrop

sundrop

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Glassing, swimming and fishing

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I think you did a good job. I like it very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users