• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VTexan

VTexan

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Stained Glass, hiking, mountain climbing, caves, growing bigtooth maples from seed, politics, music, politics, literature, politics, shooting and editing video and, well, politics.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

All--

In the last window I built for a client I started doing something a bit odd: I started updating my client almost daily with short iphone videos I shot of the window's progress, and posted them on Facebook. This served to build excitement on the part of my client, and interest on the part of Facebook friends. Since doing this I've sold two more windows specifically by way of this Facebook marketing.

Since finishing and hanging the window at the client's house, I whipped together those iphone updates into one video and have posted that on youtube as a stand alone piece. It is NOT a remarkable video. The Production Crew is simply me and my iphone, but here it is:  

VTexan

#2 Rebecca

Rebecca

Restaurateur

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

I had one customer that requested to see progress shots.  I put them on Facebook and the customer loved it.  She commented on each one and other people did, too.  It was a positive experience for us both.  Since then, a lady asked where she could see some of my work and I told her on Facebook and she seemed happy with that.  I used to have a book with pictures in it, but I realized that I haven't been printing pictures lately, just storing them digitally.  I don't know if that is good or bad.

Rebecca

#3 stargazer99

stargazer99

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Retired tool and die maker. Decorative ironwork, German Shepherds, precision machining, stained glass

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

I had one customer that requested to see progress shots.  I put them on Facebook and the customer loved it.  She commented on each one and other people did, too.  It was a positive experience for us both.  Since then, a lady asked where she could see some of my work and I told her on Facebook and she seemed happy with that.  I used to have a book with pictures in it, but I realized that I haven't been printing pictures lately, just storing them digitally.  I don't know if that is good or bad.

Rebecca 

I do both myself. Just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users