4 replies to this topic

#1 alphadog

alphadog

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

I was wondering if anybody has used both the cutters mate commercial and the standard model and do you think it is worth the upgrade? I don't mind spending the extra if i only have to buy it once. thanks.

#2 Rebecca

Rebecca

Restaurateur

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:52 PM

The commercial will cut larger pieces of glass.  Other than that, the standard cuts just as well.

Rebecca

#3 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

I haven't use it but the bar on the standard version is 21" long & on the commercial version it is 30" long.  Is the extra length a help or a hinderance depends on how much space you have available to set it up in & also what your reach is.

Another thing I noticed in the photo is the pivoting arm on the standard version is a hinged "L" while the commercial is a double hinged square.  I wonder which will move free-er & which will work better for strip cutting.

#4 alphadog

alphadog

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:19 PM

thanks for the reply. guess i'll go with the standard.

#5 Rebecca

Rebecca

Restaurateur

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

I haven't use it but the bar on the standard version is 21" long & on the commercial version it is 30" long.  Is the extra length a help or a hinderance depends on how much space you have available to set it up in & also what your reach is.

Another thing I noticed in the photo is the pivoting arm on the standard version is a hinged "L" while the commercial is a double hinged square.  I wonder which will move free-er & which will work better for strip cutting.

I had both and used both.  There was a little bit of a different feel with them, but they really are the same.  I usually grabbed the smaller one because it took up less room.  Unless I needed the larger one for a large piece of glass, it stayed in its box.  And usually it stayed in the box anyway...

Rebecca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cutters mate, cutter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users