3 replies to this topic

#1 annabelle

annabelle

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:17 AM

In light of the new restrictions and regulations currently being imposed on our American stained glass manufacturers, I have felt compelled to contact my representatives in Washington...Don't know how much impact just I will have, but if all of us sent letters to our  representatives, we might actually make a difference.  I received a form letter from Streuter, which I modified, and sent to my Congressmen...They may have that letter posted on their web site.  I have saved the email from Streuter with the letter attached.  Whether you use a form letter, or compose your own, please reach out to our government officials.....They are our employees.  If we do nothing, I fear we are in danger of losing most, if not all, or our American manufacturers of colored glass.  It only takes a few minutes to send off an email..

#2 Gorgeous Gram

Gorgeous Gram

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

I need to do more research on this topic.  and the information I've found so far is very confusing!   I am not thrilled with environmental pollution.  I understand that filtering equipment is cRaZy expensive (I work in the steel industry where we've already had these restrictions imposed). I am saddened that this is impacting my new-found hobby/passion.

#3 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

Wonder how the price of glass will increase in the near future.  Remember when 50/50 or 60/40 solder was under 4 dollars a roll?  Now its 5 times that. Can you imagine what a 12X12 piece of glass will cost?  Seems its always about money. When glass will get to be 20 dollars or 30 dollars a foot, the concern about pollution will go away.  Sad.

#4 Glassman52

Glassman52

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Glass, Antique Cars, Computers, Jazz

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

In the middle ages glass was something only the very wealthy could afford to have. 

With the technology we have (the rover on Mars for instance) I would think the problem of pollution could be handled much differently than it is. $$$

$ome thing$ NEVER change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users