2 replies to this topic

#1 Alynn

Alynn

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

Hello! I've been away for quite awhile and am starting to get back to glassing.... I have acquired several old wooden Windows that I would like to use as frames for my panels. They won't be installed as actual Windows in a house though. What is the procedure for installing the panel into the window, please?

Thank you in advance!

Alynn

#2 Knight

Knight

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Art, nature, cooking vegetarian, listening to vinyl, and my Love.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:07 AM

You can glaze a panel into a wooden frame, in the same manner, as you would a piece of sheet glass.

Use glaziers points to secure it and putty or caulk over the perimeter. You can also back bed with a bead of silicone to assure a secure hold, just make sure the panel fits before laying down the bead.  

#3 DHook

DHook

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

Yeah I agree with you Knight. Or else you can take help of the experience faculty Alynn. They can make your process go easy and can give panel installation in the window. You can have a look at this website, to know about the other services they provide. Recently, my aunt has installed impact window in her home through the team and is really very satisfied by the process. Moving on with this option can save much of your time. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users