15 replies to this topic

#1 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

I am moving into a 55 and older condominium and must sell all of my stain glass making equipment. I have everything you could possibly need or want for this hobby, and in most cases, two of each item. I would like to sell everything in one lot, if possible. I'm asking $1700. I have a partial list of the goodies. This list is far from complete. There are a great number of things that I didn't bother to photograph or list. Lots of books and patterns and other small odds and ends. I am listing just the highlights individually. I will not ship the grinders and saws due to the weight and shipping expense.   I will ship the smaller items at the buyer's expense.  I will charge the actual shipping costs, without any packaging fees or other such nonsense.

Glass-I have approximately 120 full sheets of glass (12X12 +-) and assorted colors and textures. I have at least that many pieces that are 1/2  to 3/4 sheets. I'm asking four dollars per sheet. If you buy it all I will take $400 and throw in all of the partial sheets.

Cutters mate-Morton Beetle Bids system. Cost $160. I am asking $100. It includes all of the accessories. They are not all depicted in the photograph. It is only two months old.

Cutters Mate +-This is the larger version with a 21 inch arm. The system cost $250. I'm asking $150. It is only two months old.

Assorted Cutters-At least two of them are Toyos which is the gold standard. I am asking $40 for all of them.

Hand Tools-There is a big old mess of them. I am asking $60 for all.

Came Stretcher-This is a home fabricated unit that works better than anything that is on the market commercially. I'm asking $20.

9 inch Inland Grinder-This unit cost $100. I am asking $30. It works great and has a new bit on it.

11" x 9" inland grinder. This unit cost $175. I am asking $75. It has a new bit on it.

Inland Twin Spin. This is a combination grinder, flat grinder and bevel maker. I know very little about it. I bought it used and never used it. It comes with all of the accessories. It does work fine.  It cost approximately $200. I am asking $75.

DL 5000 Glass Bandsaw-This is a large commercial glass and Saw.  It is older and fairly well used. It works perfectly and has a brand-new, unused blade on it. This unit list for $1400 and is usually available on sale for $1250. I'm asking $250.

Gryphon Rings Saw-This unit is less than a month old and has been used for approximately 10 minutes in total. This cost $389 new. I'm asking $275 for it. It is perfect.

Gryphon C40 Glass Bandsaw. This is an older and well used tool.  It works fine. It has a new blade on it and includes four extra blades. The unit sells for $389. The replacement blades are $75 each. I am asking $200. The blades alone are worth $375.

Copper Foil-I have 12 unopened packages of foil and 4 to 5 opened packages. They typically cost $10-$14 each. I'm asking $60 for the lot

Solder-I have nine unopened, 1 pound roles of solder. These typically sell for $10 each. I'm asking $50 for the lot.

Soldering irons-I have three Weller irons plus 3 assorted brand irons and two temperature controls. I am asking $50 for the lot. All have been tested and work.

Hakko Iron-I have a model FX 601 ceramic heater model iron. This is the gold standard and does not use conventional coils. It has an internal computer regulated temperature controller. This is less than a month old. It cost $76. I'm asking $50.

Came Bender-This is brand-new and has never been used. It is less than a month old. I paid $130 for it. I will take $80 for it.

Fid and Foil Roller. I will take $20 for the lot.

I have about 20 pieces of lead and zinc came. This is easily worth $200. I will take $40 for the lot.

I will ship the smaller items at the buyer's expense.  I will charge the actual shipping costs, without any packaging fees or other such nonsense.  I will accept PayPal if you send the payment as a family and friends transfer. I will not accept any type of check or money order. If you trust the post office, you can mail cash, but that's your choice.

contact Russ at russ498@yahoo.com and I will send additional photographs

Attached Files

#2 Tod Beall

Tod Beall

Daily Mirror Owner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flat glass. I started with sg over 30 years ago. I also collect books about sg. Please visit Beall Glass Studio on Face Book.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

Russ:

First, I'm sorry you have to quit your hobby but it sounds like you're dealing with it OK.

Next, you should state where the items are located (city & state) so folks have a better idea how practical buying your items would be for them.

Third, please do check with nearby glass supply shops as they could be the best option for such a large inventory.

Good luck - Tod

PS: No photos show here for me.

#3 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

Sorry about the missing location. I am in Pasadena Maryland which is between Baltimore, Maryland and Washington DC, closer to the Baltimore side. I tried to upload photographs, but they would not go through. If anyone is interested, please email me at Russ498@yahoo.com and I will send you a batch of photographs.

#4 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

Up load the photos to your gallery will be the easiest way for your to do several photos then let us know they are there.

#5 mommasmorelli

mommasmorelli

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

Good luck.  I wish I lived closer to you, but I think "anythinginstainedglass.com" is pretty close and they may be a great customer or drum up some customers for you since they have classes.

#6 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

Try this link for photographs:

https://www.snapfish...":"createDate"}

Click "View All"  once you get to the page.

#7 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

I tried the link & it asked me to log-in.  Is there a way to view without joining? I join very few things & have no desire to join to see the photos.

#8 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

Updated list of what is still available

Cutters mate-Morton Beetle Bids system. Cost $160. I am asking $100. It includes all of the accessories. They are not all depicted in the photograph. It is only two months old.

Cutters Mate +-This is the larger version with a 21 inch arm. The system cost $250. I'm asking $150. It is only two months old.

Came Stretcher-This is a home fabricated unit that works better than anything that is on the market commercially. I'm asking $20.

DL 5000 Glass Bandsaw-This is a large commercial glass and Saw.  It is older and fairly well used. It works perfectly and has a brand-new, unused blade on it. This unit list for $1400 and is usually available on sale for $1250. I'm asking $250.

Gryphon Rings Saw-This unit is less than a month old and has been used for approximately 10 minutes in total. This cost $389 new. I'm asking $275 for it. It is perfect.

Gryphon C40 Glass Bandsaw. This is an older and well used tool.  It works fine. It has a new blade on it and includes four extra blades. The unit sells for $389. The replacement blades are $75 each. I am asking $200. The blades alone are worth $375.

Came Bender-This is brand-new and has never been used. It is less than a month old. I paid $130 for it. I will take $80 for it.

I have about 20 pieces of lead and zinc came. This is easily worth $200. I will take $40 for the lot.

I will ship the smaller items at the buyer's expense.  I will charge the actual shipping costs, without any packaging fees or other such nonsense.

#9 Michael

Michael

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

I want the came bender, please respond to me. Thanks Michael Box

#10 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

I want the came bender, please respond to me. Thanks Michael Box

PM sent.

#11 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:44 AM

Here is the updated list of what's available.

Cutters mate-Morton Beetle Bits system. Cost $160. I am asking $100. It includes all of the accessories. They are not all depicted in the photograph. It is only two months old.

DL 5000 Glass Bandsaw-This is a large commercial glass and Saw.  It is older and fairly well used. It works perfectly and has a brand-new, unused blade on it. This unit list for $1400 and is usually available on sale for $1250. I'm asking $250.

Gryphon C40 Glass Bandsaw. This is an older and well used tool.  It works fine. It has a new blade on it and includes four extra blades. The unit sells for $389. The replacement blades are $75 each. I am asking $200. The blades alone are worth $375.

I will ship the smaller items at the buyer's expense.  I will charge the actual shipping costs, without any packaging fees or other such nonsense.

#12 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

I can't believe no one has jumped on the DL 5000. This is the deal of the century. This is a beast of  a saw and cost a small fortune new.

#13 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

The Came Bender is sold.

#14 Tod Beall

Tod Beall

Daily Mirror Owner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flat glass. I started with sg over 30 years ago. I also collect books about sg. Please visit Beall Glass Studio on Face Book.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

OK Russ, I looked up the DL 5000 saw (by Diamond Tech). I really don't know anything about saws and don't think I'd ever want one, but your price vs. the current retail is attention-getting.

So, DL stands for "Diamond Laser". Yes, they do actually retail for $1400!!

Here's other info from Delphi's website:

• Diamond coated steel blade enables radius cuts as tight as 1/2"
  • Three-wheel system provides 12" throat to cut large surfaces
  • Durable recirculating water pump system and removable water tray
  • Includes FREE extra diamond blade
  • Cuts glass up to 3/4" thick
  • And the Diamond Taech site: http://www.diamondsa...mond-laser-5000

That seems impressive, but what's even more weird to me is that a local retailer loaned me a used DL 5000 to try on a restoration project I'm working on! I mean, there's one of these right in my studio, tight now! - all 45 pounds of it! Turns out, tho, that I won't need it. Small world. But the upshot is that this is a substantial tool, one which fusers would probably find extremely useful. Maybe you should also list it on the Warm Glass bulletin board? Also, tile & stone folks.

Good luck - Tod

#15 Russell Hewitt

Russell Hewitt

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

List of items still available updated 11/14/2016 at 3:30 pm, and their new prices..

Cutters mate-Morton Beetle Bids system. Cost $160. I am asking $100. It includes all of the accessories. They are not all depicted in the photograph. It is only two months old.  I am now asking $80.

Cutters Mate +-This is the larger version with a 21 inch arm. The system cost $250. I'm asking $150. It is only two months old.   I am now asking $125

DL 5000 Glass Bandsaw-This is a large commercial glass band saw.  It is older and fairly well used. It works perfectly and has a brand-new, unused blade on it. This unit lists for $1400 and is usually available on sale for $1250. I'm asking $250.   I am now asking $200

Gryphon Rings Saw-This unit is less than a month old and has been used for approximately 10 minutes in total. This cost $389 new. I'm asking $275 for it. It is perfect.   I am now asking $250

Gryphon C40 Glass Bandsaw. This is an older and well used tool.  It works fine. It has a new blade on it and includes four extra blades. The unit sells for $389. The replacement blades are $75 each. I am asking $200. The blades alone are worth $375.  I am now asking $150

I have about 30 pieces of lead and zinc came. This is easily worth $200. I will take $40 for the lot.   I'm now asking $30

I have a homemade light box. It has about $75 in components.  It works as well, if not better than the commercially made units. It has LED lights inside so it doesn't get hot. I'm asking $25.

I have a complete sandblasting/glass etching set up that works off of either canned compressed air or an air compressor.  It cost about $150. I am asking $40.

I will ship the smaller items at the buyer's expense.  I will charge the actual shipping costs, without any packaging fees or other such nonsense.  I will accept PayPal if you send the payment as a family and friends transfer. I will not accept any type of check or money order. If you trust the post office, you can mail cash, but that's your choice.

Again, I am located in Pasadena Maryland. I frequently traveled to Washington DC  proper and the Maryland and Virginia suburbs for work. I may consider doing a free delivery, if I can do it related to one of my normal trips to the area.

#16 bph713

bph713

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if you have sold your wet band saw?

Thanks,

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users