7 replies to this topic

#1 MARGARET

MARGARET

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Does anyone know from where I may have copied the attached picture?

I would like to work the pattern for a fund raiser project, but of course need permission, and neglected to copy the source of the pic. Many thanks for your help.  MARGARET.

Attached File  Flowers Small.jpg   39.64K   13 downloads

#2 Acorn

Acorn

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I did a reverse image search with tineye.com and found it here:  http://indulgy.com/post/r7Be4x9Fy2/stained-glass-stained-glass-artistic-staine  - I hope that leads you to the owner of the design!  Good luck.

#3 MARGARET

MARGARET

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

Hello Acorn - Thank you so much for your clever help.  I will contact the artist and see how I get along. 

Once again, many thanks. MARGARET

#4 MARGARET

MARGARET

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

Acorn - Update.

Thanks to you for your help in finding the artist, I was able to contact Laurie Beeman of Stepping Out Designs, British Columbia, who has generously given her permission to use her design for my project.  I googled her name and enjoyed looking at her work.  Thanks again - Margaret.

#5 Acorn

Acorn

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

Brilliant!  I'm really glad I could help.  :)   I love a bit of detective work on the internet!

I hope your project goes well. 

#6 abales

abales

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Stained glass windows, off road & on road motorcycling, reading books, bicycling 'rails to trails' across states, & starting another business!

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

If your not selling it does it really matter if you have permission? 

#7 MARGARET

MARGARET

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Abales -

The project I plan to work on is going to be donated for a fund raiser auction.

The design I chose to copy carries a statement, “subject to copyright”. 

Legally, therefore, in this case the answer to your question should be, “Yes”.

Margaret.

#8 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Unfortunately privacy due to the internet is becoming hard to maintain.  Any photo you post anywhere online has a very high chance of becoming very public.  You can have your own site where you wish to display your own work for sale & have it copied/pirated.  I would never assume just by finding it on the internet it is public domain & is available to reproduce freely.  Copyright notices are commonly lost by by folks "sharing" likes with others. 

My applauds to Margaret for researching a photo & getting permission to reproduce it. 

Whether your are making money off it or giving it as a gift, you are potentially blocking a sale which could be considered theft.   Review the piracy notice on video DVD/VHS tapes & consider whether what you wish to do would be considered piracy according to the FBI's guide line. 

There are several sites such as Chantel's which offer free patterns.  They help to support these sites by advertising based on the number of times/frequency the site is visited.  So if you find a photo/picture you would like to use as a pattern, please trace it back to the parent page so they can get credit.  One way to try to find the parent page is to Google/Yahoo Images, & can find it, then go the parent/Host page.  No it is not always easy to find but it is the right thing to do.  If you are not successful, then you have to let your conscience be your guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users