3 replies to this topic

#1 Acorn

Acorn

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

Does anybody use a graphics tablet to design their glass?  I mean the ones where you draw on the tablet and the image appears on your PC or laptop.

I'm thinking about getting one, but wondering whether a cheaper one with an active area of around 9in x 6in would be big enough,  Should I splash out a bit more and get one with an area of 13.8in x 8.6in?

I have lousy mouse control, so I think it is likely to be a great help for me, but does anyone have any firm experience?

Also, I don't have Glasseye, but would like to know whether I could use a graphics tablet with it should I ever take the plunge. 

Many thanks for any help or advice.

#2 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Does anybody use a graphics tablet to design their glass?  I mean the ones where you draw on the tablet and the image appears on your PC or laptop.

I'm thinking about getting one, but wondering whether a cheaper one with an active area of around 9in x 6in would be big enough,  Should I splash out a bit more and get one with an area of 13.8in x 8.6in?

I have lousy mouse control, so I think it is likely to be a great help for me, but does anyone have any firm experience?

Also, I don't have Glasseye, but would like to know whether I could use a graphics tablet with it should I ever take the plunge. 

Many thanks for any help or advice.

Have used one, but not for glass work, just illustrations on how to do something, where precision was not an issue. They are a lot harder to control than it sounds like when your looking to buy one.  Just my opinion. You may be fine with it, but I don't see a practical purpose for it.  If I want to transfer a pattern I drew to my computer, I draw it on paper, make what corrections I need,  then just scan it to the Computer. Problem solved. 

#3 Knight

Knight

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Art, nature, cooking vegetarian, listening to vinyl, and my Love.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

I can give you a heck of a deal on a Wacom tablet I bought awhile back and NEVER used!

#4 Acorn

Acorn

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

:)  I'm going to have to give this some thought - but quite quickly, because Mr Acorn would quite like to give me a graphidcs tablet for my birthday in a few weeks.

I wish I could think of somewhere I could try one out, but it's not likely where I live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users