2 replies to this topic

#1 mommasmorelli

mommasmorelli

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

I'm making a window for my daughter in 12 sections and will put it together in Texas (after transporting by plane)
The attached pic is the top half. The middle top section has a hinging effect that I am thinking
of countering by adding a bird in flight at the right edge between yellow and cloudy clear glass. Any suggestions?

Attached Files

#2 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

I'm making a window for my daughter in 12 sections and will put it together in Texas (after transporting by plane)
The attached pic is the top half. The middle top section has a hinging effect that I am thinking
of countering by adding a bird in flight at the right edge between yellow and cloudy clear glass. Any suggestions?

Wow, That would be a challenge. since there seem to be a lot of hinge points.  Since that seems to be a "Scenic" pattern, I would have framed each of the sections in zinc came, with wider zinc on the outside, then assembled the sections together and soldered the zinc frames together, which would give the final appearance as a window, and as if you were viewing this scent through a real window, since your panel count is the same as if you where using an old window frame to put the glass panels in, and the top arch would be an option,.  In my opinion, that would look more Natural than just putting the panels together as a single panel, which to me  looks unnatural. It would also be a lot easier to assemble and a lot stronger than what you have now. Just my opinion. 

#3 mommasmorelli

mommasmorelli

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

Great idea. Thanks. That makes more sense. I bought l/2" foil for framing each section, but your idea of using zinc is a better solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users