3 replies to this topic

#1 glasslady1

glasslady1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

I'm looking to build a holder so I can hold up a dozen, or much more, pieces of glass, apx 2" x 3" in a window at one time.

Any suggestions?

#2 Tod Beall

Tod Beall

Daily Mirror Owner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flat glass. I started with sg over 30 years ago. I also collect books about sg. Please visit Beall Glass Studio on Face Book.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Sample-size pieces like those can be put into the slot (channel) in a piece of hard came like 3/8" zinc. You need to hold that upright, so soldering shorter pieces of zinc for feet works well.

I predict that you'll wish you could view larger pieces soon. The simplest glass easel is a sheet of clear glass leaning against a window. Use tape to keep it in place so it won't slip. Next might be a piece of framed clear glass such as in an old window sash - better than a picture frame but that could work, too!

Best of luck! - Tod

#3 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

I'm looking to build a holder so I can hold up a dozen, or much more, pieces of glass, apx 2" x 3" in a window at one time.

Any suggestions?

For pieces that small, I would use the small brass "U" Channel 

#4 WayneFL

WayneFL

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

When I had my store, I used a circular saw to route a board so that the samples could stand on end and be easily changed and re-arranged.  I think the board was 18" long and the cut was a bit over 1/8" wide and about 3/16" deep...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users