3 replies to this topic

#1 silvereagle

silvereagle

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Would anyone have some idea what decade this stained glass piece may have been made? I found it at a yard sale in central Minnesota, the former owner says she paid $180 for it "years ago" at an antique store. The size of the glass is 18x24. The frame is 20x26. I can't find any cracks or damage, and the piece has a lot of "jewels". Some of them (the diamond shapes) seem to resemble carnival glass. I'd be interested in knowing roughly how old it might be, and what it might actually be worth. Pretty sure it's worth more than the $50 I paid. :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  SG.jpg   280.24K   25 downloads

#2 FantasyStainedGlass

FantasyStainedGlass

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

I recently had asked a stained glass store owner who has been in business for over 40 years about value on some stained glass windows that were made in 1892.  Her response was that if you do not know whom the artist was at the time it was made, the value of the panel basically comes down to, is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  As far as the diamond shape jewels, I have seen similar ones for sale on the internet and also in stained glass stores. 

#3 Tod Beall

Tod Beall

Daily Mirror Owner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flat glass. I started with sg over 30 years ago. I also collect books about sg. Please visit Beall Glass Studio on Face Book.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

This is fairly new, possibly made in China.

I'm sure you will get your money's worth of enjoyment when it's hung in a window.

#4 WayneFL

WayneFL

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

And it is a great example when a uniform line would be more appealing.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users