4 replies to this topic

#1 Bioman

Bioman

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

I do a lot of glass jewelry that requires very small pieces of glass.  I find any cutter with a head that swivels to be more difficult to use than a fixed head, but the fixed head cutters I have found are usually steel wheels with no reservoir.  Anyone aware of a straight handles cutter, with a fixed wheel carbide cutter and oil reservoir?

#2 FantasyStainedGlass

FantasyStainedGlass

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

IMT Pencil Style oil feed glass cutter tungsten carbide are sold on Amazon for $14.90.

#3 annabelle

annabelle

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

I have a cup with a small, oil saturated rag in it.  I store my cutters by placing them cutter side down in this cup.  I never put oil in them.  Works for me.

#4 Knight

Knight

Community Leader

• Glasser
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Art, nature, cooking vegetarian, listening to vinyl, and my Love.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

My straight handled cutter has a fixed head or swivel head option if I take out the head and flip it around....hard to describe. Most do this, are you sure yours doesn't? I also do not use a reservoir but instead the cup with an oiled rag.

#5 WayneFL

WayneFL

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

I do it the same way as Knight.   I like the feel of the larger handle but never use it for oil.    Loosen the screw on the head and rotate it then tighten it down to have a fixed head cutter which doesn't use the oil reservoir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users