#1 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

In the past, I used the following guidelines for uploading photos:

1 - Write you comments.  2 - In the lower right corner choose <More Reply Options>  This will bring a file selector which works like windows explorer. Choose "Browse" and find the photo you wish to upload.  3 - Under the "Browse" box choose <Attach to File>  4 - After a short pause on the right side of the edit box choose <Add to Post>  *** Note *** There is a size limit you can upload so you will probably need to size you photo down.  72dpi, 12 x 12 inches or smaller works well. This will allow you to post several photos

However, there seems to be a challenge not only with posting photos but also with accessing photos previously posted.

Occasionally I like to look back at older posts & haven't been able to get any of the photos to come up.

Any ideas about what is wrong?

#2 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

Another problem is from "Photo Bucket" links.  DSC03308_zps546924d8.jpg  This is what I am finding.  If linking to photo

bucket is only temporary,  It would be nicer to have a better option for folks browsing through the old posts.

There is a lot of great & creative information in older posts & it would be a tragic loss to not be able to have the photos which were posted in the treads to be lost.

#3 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

In the past, I used the following guidelines for uploading photos:

1 - Write you comments.  2 - In the lower right corner choose <More Reply Options>  This will bring a file selector which works like windows explorer. Choose "Browse" and find the photo you wish to upload.  3 - Under the "Browse" box choose <Attach to File>  4 - After a short pause on the right side of the edit box choose <Add to Post>  *** Note *** There is a size limit you can upload so you will probably need to size you photo down.  72dpi, 12 x 12 inches or smaller works well. This will allow you to post several photos

However, there seems to be a challenge not only with posting photos but also with accessing photos previously posted.

Occasionally I like to look back at older posts & haven't been able to get any of the photos to come up.

Any ideas about what is wrong?

Seems to be a server problem on the host system. I don't have any restrictions on posting photos and even I can't do it with my  access. I have e-mailed Chantal to see if she can straighten this out or what's going on. She doesn't seem active in here much anymore, so hope she checks her e-mails soon. 

#4 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

Another possibility is that the space allotted for photos in the host server is full. Have had that happen in the past. That's beyond what I have access to.

#5 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

If the photo storage space is too full to accept new photos, one would think the archived photos would be accessible.  I can't even view ones I have posted.

#6 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

If the photo storage space is too full to accept new photos, one would think the archived photos would be accessible.  I can't even view ones I have posted.

That doesn't seem to be it. I deleted a few old ones where the members where no longer here, and it didn't make a difference.  Guess we have to wait for Chantal.

#7 Mt_Top

Mt_Top

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Recumbent trikes, lamps, tinkering around homebase.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

John - When you say your previously posted photos are not showing up, are you referring to your pictures posted on Photobucket?  The Photobucket problem is well known and related to Photobucket wanting "money".....gasp........to host your photos and allow linking to 3rd party websites like Stained Glass Town Square.  

My photo below is hosted by my ISP since Jan 2016:

Dragonfly_Lamp_Wing_Closeup_Jan1_2016.JP

While this website is not accepting uploaded photos, try hosting your pics some where other than Photobucket....

#8 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

I have never used photo bucket, just tried to access some photos that others have posted.

My photo posts were either directly into the tread or my gallery.

I prefer to post photos on a forum's site rather than a third party site.  On the whole, there seems to be less problems down the road. This way if I were to become inactive, the photo content is not lost.  This is not to say my posts are gold & should be preserved forever, but there are old posts by former members, I would appreciate being able to see the photos they referred to.

On another note there is another Stained Glass forum which is not accepting new members & thus I am not able to see the posted photos.  This too is frustrating.

#9 John

John

Homeowner

• Glasser
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted Today, 11:06 AM

Boris, Have you heard anything from Chantel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users