2 replies to this topic

#1 ehpeters

ehpeters

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

I just purchased the Hakko fx-601 soldering iron when I attempted to use it and it would not power on.  I checked the outlet for power and even tried a second outlet, both were working but the light on the iron did not come on nor did it begin to heat up.  I checked the Hakko website and did not find any info regarding this issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

#2 FantasyStainedGlass

FantasyStainedGlass

New Neighbour

• Glasser
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

I take it the cord itself was not warm to the touch or on the hot side even though the tip did not heat up, I think you have purchased a failure soldering iron.  If the tip is properly set in the iron and is not loose it more than likely is a bad unit and I would take it back or return it if you have not been in contact with whom you purchased it through to see what their return policies are.  They may just send you a new unit without returning the old one.  It could have a fault cord and eventually cause a fire.  I have one I disposed of because the cord would wiggle in the end of the soldering iron and it would go and off on its own and was very unreliable to use as it would over heat and get real hot.  If it were me, I'd return it and get a new one.

#3 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,564 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

I just purchased the Hakko fx-601 soldering iron when I attempted to use it and it would not power on.  I checked the outlet for power and even tried a second outlet, both were working but the light on the iron did not come on nor did it begin to heat up.  I checked the Hakko website and did not find any info regarding this issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sounds like a faulty Ceramic Heater. There have been some complaints on that problem I would contact the company and send it back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users