1 reply to this topic

#1 Deb Piper

Deb Piper

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

I’ve been making and teaching stained glass for over 30 years.  I was taught to adhere paper pattern pieces to the glass using spray adhesive.  I hated it - the mess and the smell were awful.  Glue sticks were slightly less messy but the pattern pieces didn’t stick very well.     I tried using markers on glass and got frustrated because the mark wouldn’t stay on the glass.  I thought there must be a better way and I found one.  I worked with a paper manufacturer to get the perfect paper I needed for working on stained glass. I’ve been using this adhesive paper for 30 years.  I can use the paper in a printer or a copier and it works with a saw.  It sticks on the paper while grinding.  It comes on a 30" roll so it can be used for larger windows.  It is NOT the same as contact paper, shelf liner, sheet labels or any other adhesive paper being sold for use with stained glass.

• Adhesive pattern paper provides much greater accuracy in cutting glass

• The paper gives you a slightly raised edge to score against

• You leave the paper on while you grind, which speeds grinding because you know exactly where the glass is supposed to be ground

• Unlike a marker, the paper doesn’t rinse away while you grind

• No tape or glue or spray adhesive mess to deal with

• No “fitting” – you get a PERFECT fit, every time!!

• The best way to teach beginners and the best way for them to learn

I'm thinking about setting up a website to sell this paper to others who are making stained glass and are looking for a way to make stained glass easier and better.

I thought I'd post this here and see if people are interested in finding a better way to make stained glass.

#2 RBale

RBale

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

I would be interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users