2 replies to this topic

#1 audiophile102

audiophile102

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:49 PM

Hello everyone.  I just joined this forum because I purchased a Chicago Mosaic lamp that has quite a few cracked panels.  I asked a friend who repairs antique lamps and he told me that the cost to replace the cracked panels with matching antique glass was around $100 per panel.  I live in the Chicago suburbs so I plan to ask around if this is a fair estimate, but I thought I would ask all of you.  I paid too much for the lamp, but I really love it so I might bite the bullet and get the most severely damaged panels replaced.  

#2 mommasmorelli

mommasmorelli

Tourist

• Glasser
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:21 AM

Can you post a picture to give us a better idea of what you have?

#3 Boris_USA

Boris_USA

Lampman

• Assistant Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Way too Many...

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

Hello everyone.  I just joined this forum because I purchased a Chicago Mosaic lamp that has quite a few cracked panels.  I asked a friend who repairs antique lamps and he told me that the cost to replace the cracked panels with matching antique glass was around $100 per panel.  I live in the Chicago suburbs so I plan to ask around if this is a fair estimate, but I thought I would ask all of you.  I paid too much for the lamp, but I really love it so I might bite the bullet and get the most severely damaged panels replaced.  

Depends on how many pieces have to be replaced in each panel. The price seems a little steep for only 2 or 3 pieces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users